1. You never got your locker decorated at school.
I remember on my friends' birthdays, a bunch of us would get together and tape streamers, balloons, and notes to their locker. Did I ever get to experience that? Nope. Sure, there's "half birthdays"- but who gives a shit about that?
2. You never got sung "happy birthday" in class.
"OK, class, it's (*insert name here)'s birthday! Let's all wish them a happy birthday!" Once again, always giving, never receiving.
3. You never got to bring treats and share them with the class on your birthday.
Yes, I'm continuing with the school theme because I will always and forever be salty about it.
4. You're younger than most (if not all) of your friends.
When my friends turned 18, they wanted to go to a casino...welp, I was still 17, so I couldn't go! When my friends turned 21, they wanted to go out drinking at the bars...sorry, I'm still 20! I guess you'll have to go without me...again...
5. You're the last one of your friends to do anything.
I was literally the last person out of my friends to turn 16, meaning that I was the last one of my friends to get my driver's license. So for months, my friends turned 16 and were able to drive myself places...and I still had to have my parents drive me. Cool.
6. It's difficult to plan a party because a lot of your friends are out of town.
Oh, half the people I invited can't come because they're on a family vacation? Sweet!
7. If you're in college, your friends are in different places.
Three friends in Chicago, five in Wisconsin, two in Minnesota, one in Florida, seven God knows where else...are you catching my drift?
So, yes, having a summer birthday can suck...but we have awesome beach parties, and we never have to do any school work on our birthdays...so in retrospect, who's the real winner here?